There is no greater priority for Northamptonshire Police than tackling child sexual exploitation (CSE) and bringing offenders to justice. It is also a national policing priority.
The Reducing Incidents of Sexual Exploitation (RISE) unit is the multi-agency team which exists to prevent and protect young people from CSE and prosecute offenders.
In conjunction with Northamptonshire Police and the RISE team, the following short film was viewed by our Year 8 & 9 students.
Kayleigh’s Love Story is a film about aspects of the last 13 days of the life of 15-year-old Kayleigh Haywood. It has been produced with the full support of Kayleigh’s parents.
The Leicestershire schoolgirl was groomed online by a man she had never met, before being raped and murdered by his next door neighbour.
The film has been made to serve as a warning to children and adults of the dangers of grooming and sexual exploitation following Kayleigh’s tragic death in November 2015.
Listen to your instinct; if it doesn’t feel right – tell someone.
24/7, FREE, ANONYMOUS, CALL OR TXT 116000
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- Find someone you can trust to talk to – it doesn’t matter the role they’re in or job they do but
whether you like them as a person.
- You could call or text the free 116 000 helpline to talk to someone anonymously 24/7
- You could call the police if things get really bad.
- You can send an e-mail for free; from a library email@example.com to #SaySomething